Here is a delicious recipe for vegan figs and pistachio balls that are easy to make and perfect for a healthy snack or dessert!
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1 cup raw unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 cup almond powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Extra pistachios, chopped, for coating (optional) - can also use coconut
- Place the dried figs in a bowl and cover with warm water. Let soak for 10-15 minutes or until softened.
- Drain the figs and place them in a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients (not including the pistachios for coating).
- Pulse the mixture until it forms a crumbly dough that can be easily shaped into balls. If the mixture is too dry add a tablespoon of almond/oat milk.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll each ball in chopped pistachios, if desired, to coat.
- Place the balls on a plate or baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Once chilled, the figs and pistachio balls are ready to serve. Enjoy!