Trust me guys, you want to save this recipe for the next time you have no time making a dessert and you need a super easy & crowd pleasing cake!
- 9-inch cake tin, lined with baking paper
- 170g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 110g melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs L
- 250ml sour cream
- 2 large Granny Smith apples (chopped into cubes, no need to peel)
- For topping: sliced almonds and oats crumble (optional, quick crumble recipe added below)
Quick oats crumble:
- 50g cold butter
- 6 tbsp rolled oats
- 3 tbsp flour
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the melted butter and both types of sugar, and mix well.
- Add the eggs and continue to stir until the mixture is uniform.
- Add the sour cream and stir well.
- Lastly, add the chopped apples and fold them carefully with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter to the cake tin, flatten it, and top with crumble and chopped almonds.
- Bake for 40-55 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the cake comes out dry.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy with vanilla ice cream or custard.
The cake stays fresh for three days in an airtight container or wrapped well in cling film. It's best to eat it straight out of the oven for an insane treat.