Amsterdam Cookies Recipe - Perfect for White Chocolate Lovers!
Have you ever heard of Amsterdam cookies? They're a chocolate fudge cookie with gooey white chocolate in the middle and they are absolutely delicious! In fact, there's a small bakery in Amsterdam that became so popular for selling these cookies that it turned into a huge success. If you're a white chocolate lover, you'll definitely want to try this recipe and recreate these amazing cookies at home.
- 120g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200g brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 180g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 40g cocoa powder
- 9 white chocolate pralines (or white chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and prepare an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place the white chocolate pralines (or chips) in the freezer.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and egg until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into large balls, leaving a quarter of the dough mixture in the bowl.
- Take the white chocolate pralines out of the freezer and flatten the dough balls you created. Place the white chocolate in the middle and cover with the remaining dough. Roll between your hands to create a perfect ball.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking tray with baking paper.
- For the authentic Amsterdam experience, bake the cookies for just 8-9 minutes, until they are just setting - this will make the cookies extra gooey.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them harden for about 5 minutes before trying them. This will prevent them from falling apart.
- Enjoy warm, or store the cookies in an airtight container for later.
These Amsterdam cookies are the perfect treat for any white chocolate lover! Give this recipe a try and share them with your friends and family - they won't be disappointed.