- Squash (1, preferably with a diameter of at least 6 inches)
- Olive oil (5 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cumin (1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Paprika (2 teaspoons)
- Garlic (minced, 1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Greek yogurt (1 cup, 10% fat)
- Chilli flakes (to taste)
- Lemon (1, squeezed)
- Pomegranate seeds (to garnish)
- To make this flavourful roasted squash dish, preheat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6, then trim and slice the squash into 1-inch rounds, halving any large ones and scraping out the seeds with a teaspoon.
- In a bowl, combine 5 tablespoons of olive oil with salt, cumin, pepper, paprika, garlic, and cinnamon, and brush the mixture over the squash before roasting it on a baking sheet for 30-40 minutes.
- Separately, mix together 1 cup of 10% fat Greek yogurt with chilli flakes, lemon juice, paprika, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Once the squash is roasted, spread a dollop of the spiced yogurt onto each plate, arrange the squash slices on top, and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds for a colorful finishing touch.
Watch me make it: