So many of you didn’t know what Labane is! Labane cheese, also known as labneh, is a soft, tangy cheese made from strained yogurt. It’s a popular Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cheese that is often enjoyed as a spread or dip. Here’s the easiest recipe ever, I promise you once you’ll try it once you’ll never buy supermarket cream cheese again cause this cheese is phenomenalllllll:
* 800g plain, full-fat yogurt
* 2 teaspoon of salt
* 3 tablespoons of olive oil
* 1 tablespoon of zaatar spice
1. Place a cheesecloth over a bowl.
2. In the cloth, stir together the yogurt, olive oil and salt until well combined.
3. Tie the cloth properly, hang it in fridge and allow it to drain for 6-24 hours. The longer you drain it, the thicker and creamier it will become.
4. Once the labane has drained to your desired consistency, remove it from the cheesecloth and place it onto a plate or shallow dish.
5. Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the labane and sprinkle the zaatar on top of the olive oil.
6. Serve with pita bread or vegetables for dipping.
Watch me make it here