This quick and easy side salad recipe is perfect for a last-minute addition to any meal.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of santini tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of sumac
Begin by preparing the vegetables. Chop the iceberg lettuce and the cucumber, halve the santini tomatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned. Add the crumbled feta cheese and toasted almonds on top of the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and sumac.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss everything together until well combined.
- Serve the salad immediately, and enjoy!
Make in advance
Chop the vegetables in advance and top them with the dressing, almond and feta cheese right before serving.